Wednesday 26 September 2007

Trip to Brighton

Brighton is on the southern coast of England, just and hour's train ride away. It began as a seaside retreat for the royals in the 19th century and quickly became popular for the public as well.
The Brighton Pier is wonderfully gaudy. You can get the greasiest fish and chips for a couple quid, go for a spin on the ricketiest rides I've ever seen, and check out the old Brits sunbathing in rented chairs. Excellent.

The day was absolutely gorgeous, and probably one of the last warm days of the season! It got up to 27 or 28 degrees Celsius. (I'm learning to use Celsius!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
I just looked at all your pics and comments! Very fun! Thanks for the peek.
Betty Wallner

Unknown said...

Lindsay.
I want more. Give it to me.
-Kate